Fashion Designer Simran Bagga Talks On Top Design Institutes In India. Designer Simran Bagga is the Owner and Creative head at Satwah by Simran, a brand that specializes in exclusive prints. With her industry experience, Simran enlightens aspiring students on top design institutes in India.
Take a look:
1. NIFT- National Institute of Fashion Technology
NIFT needs no introduction. Fashion designing courses don’t get better than what you get here, at least not in this country. But, if you still need to be convinced of its credibility, NIFT offers:
Exposure at the creamy level - Think IKEA, Amazon India, Urban Ladder, PC Jewellers
Courses like Fashion Journalism, Trend Forecasting, Accessory Design, Apparel Production, and Fashion Technology
Student exchange programs across the globe
Curriculum review every four years
Inclusion of concepts of ethics, environmental sustainability and human rights
NIFT crossed the 9.5 LPA package mark in 2015. It owns a well-equipped research and development wing. And it has produced gems like Manish Arora and Sabyasachi. How to get in? The NIFT Entrance Exam is your answer. If you’re eligible, you need to fill up the form and crack the entrance.
2. Pearl Academy
Pearl holds many No.1 awards -
ASSOCHAM 2016 & 2017
India Today-Nielsen Survey
Economics Times’ Best Education Awards 2017
And the list goes on.
You have a choice between many degree courses in fashion, creative business and design at Pearl. It also offers eleven months-long certificate-based short-term designing courses. Pearl Academy has ties with the Laureate Education Inc., London College of Fashion, IGNOU, etc. For you, that means an endless array of guest lectures, exchange programs (national and international), and workshops.
Admissions are decided by the Pearl Academy Entrance Test. And I’d advise you to take a good look at the course fee and scholarships before going ahead.
3. Vogue Institute of Fashion Technology
Tommy Hilfiger hired 14 VOGUE students last year. From a single batch. We’ll let that sink in for a while! This institute promises to teach you the essence and attitude that come together to create fashion. It boasts of its smart labs and libraries, 21 years of reputed existence and an engaging and diverse curriculum.
In addition to MBA in Design and BVA in product designing, you have many diploma and degree options:
4. SID-Symbiosis Institute of Design
SID has maintained its presence among the top 10 in Best Indian Fashion Colleges’ Survey by India Today-Nielsen since 2012.
This design school offers four distinct course trajectories.
Industrial Design - Product, Interior Space
Communication Design - Graphic, User Experience, Animation Film, Video Film
Other motivations for joining SID involve a state-of-the-art infrastructure, rich curriculum, industry exposure, recruiter visits like ABIL Pune Fashion Week Pvt Ltd and Beau Mach design. The qualifying examination, called SET, is organized by Symbiosis every year. You can find the application form online.
5. Army Institute of Fashion and Design was established in the year 2004 and is located in Bangalore, Karnataka. Only the children of eligible serving army personnel, eligible ex-army personnel and wards of war widows/ widows of the army are eligible to apply for the courses offered by AIFD. The college is affiliated to Bangalore North University.
6. National Institute of Design/ NIDs are autonomous public design schools located across India. NIDs are in Ahmedabad (Gujarat), Bangalore (Karnataka), Kurukshetra (Haryana) , Vijayawada (Andhra Pradesh) and Jorhat (Assam) and Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh). The institutes functions as an autonomous body under the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), Ministry of Commerce and Industry , Government of India. NIDs are recognised by the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research under Ministry of Science and Technology, the government of India, as a scientific and industrial design research organisation.