Common Admission Test (CAT) is a computer-based entrance examination for admissions into the IIMs and other MBA colleges in India.
IIM Ahmedabad will be conducting CAT exam (in three slots) in 159 cities covering 400 test centers.
The examination consists of three sections, i.e., Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension, Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning and Quantitative Ability. In comparison to last year
a.) Quantitative Ability: The important areas for this section are arithmetic, algebra, and geometry. It is crucial to take sectional tests and solve at least the last four years' question papers.
b.) Logical Reasoning & Data Interpretation (LRDI): Take some time out every day to solve 2-3 types of sets from this section. If you are consistent with it, you can solve close to 80-100 LRDI sets in the final few days before the exam.
c.) Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension: Important areas that should be focused on by the candidates in this section are reading comprehension, para summary and para jumbles.
- Solve 2-3 reading comprehension a day
- For every wrong answer, find the reason behind it being wrong, this will help you in developing critical thinking and problem-solving approaches
- Create a list of formulas and go through it everyday
-.Align your mock tests with the same time slot as your paper once you get your admit card.
- Candidate should develop the habit of studying for longer hours in one sitting to avoid exhaustion while completing mock tests.
- Candidate should give adequate time to all the three sections by ollowing a balanced time table
- Aspirants should also take care of themselves by getting regular and sufficient sleep
- The candidates should focus on their weaker section by taking sectional tests.
- Focus on solving questions from previous year CAT papers.